My publisher made a fun video that shows how I write all my first drafts long hand. On display is the Lamy 2000 fountain pen and an A5 ruled Muji notebook. Enjoy!
Attempting to catch up a bit before Bane and Shadow is released...
Don't forget, Bane and Shadow comes out at the end of this month! Eeep!
The second book in the Empire of Storms trilogy will be out February 28th, 2017. This is the follow-up to last year's Hope and Red, set in a fracturing empire spread across savage seas, where two young people from different cultures find common purpose.
Here is the jacket copy:
Red is being trained as a cold-blooded assassin by the biomancers. As he becomes increasingly embroiled in palace politics, he learns that even life among the nobility can be deadly.
While terrorizing imperial ships as the pirate Dire Bane, Hope stumbles onto a biomancer plot of such horrifying scope that it makes even the massacre of her childhood village seem small in comparison.
With the biomancers tightening their grip of fear over the empire, Hope and Red struggle to fill their new roles and responsibilities, but the cost will be greater than any of them realize.
Handy preorder links:
Well, Hope and Red is out in the world now! Here's a round-up of guest posts I did on various blogs:
- "How To Build A Fantasy Language, Including Profanity", which was posted on the Barnes & Noble SF&F Blog.
- "Don’t Be Afraid of Catastrophe! — Using Theatricality in Storytelling" on Writers After Dark.
- "Progressive World-building: Screw Restoring Order to the Kingdom" on The Civilian Reader.
- “What Lies Beyond Grimdark” on BiblioSanctum.
- An interview at The Qwillery
This is one of the reasons why I don't have a true blog of my own. Because I'd have nothing to write when these came around.